People all over the world consume alcohol. Some start drinking in their teenage years and others don’t start until they are an adult. Either way, just because alcohol is legal in many areas, that doesn’t mean someone can’t develop an addiction to the substance. In fact, there are millions of people who have lost their lives due to drunk driving, alcohol poisoning and health problems related to alcohol abuse. Don’t let this happen to you. Reach out to our team here at Harmony Oaks Recovery Center to get into an alcohol addiction treatment program today.
Signs of Alcohol Dependence
When the body first starts becoming dependent on alcohol, there may be some signs present that help others to recognize what is happening. At this point, the person who is abusing alcohol may not have an addiction, but things are likely heading that way if they don’t stop drinking soon. Some signs of alcohol dependence include:
- Shaking or tremors after not drinking for some time (often hours after last drink)
- Liver or kidney disease from drinking too much
- Memory loss often in the form of blackouts
- Increased tolerance (needing more alcohol to get buzzed or drunk)
If you recognize these signs in someone you know, it may be a good idea to talk to them about getting into a treatment program. Even if they don’t have an addiction to alcohol yet, it would be best for them to receive support in getting substance-free. With this being said, these signs can also signify an alcohol addiction.
Other Signs of Alcohol Addiction
There are many different ways that an alcohol addiction can show up in a person’s life. The signs above can be those of alcohol dependence or an addiction to alcohol. Some of the others signs of alcohol addiction include:
- Not attending to responsibilities because of drinking too much
- High-functioning alcoholism (being able to hold things together while abusing alcohol)
- Using any excuse possible to have another drink or to go out drinking
- Not being able to drink just one or two alcoholic beverages
- Spending a lot of money on alcohol
- Getting aggressive with others when under the influence of alcohol
- Overdosing on alcohol or getting alcohol poisoning
Do you have any of these signs of alcohol addiction? Do you know someone that does? If so, now is the time to start attending a treatment program. The sooner you do this, the sooner you can get a healthier, happier lifestyle going for yourself.
Get Treatment for an Alcohol Addiction Today
As noted above, people all around the world drink. Some of them are legally old enough to consume alcohol and others aren’t yet at that age. Either way, anyone who consumes alcohol can develop an addiction to the substance. The addiction is not biased to age or gender.
Have you been abusing alcohol? Do you know or think you have an addiction to alcohol and need help to stop using it? Do you need to learn new coping skills or healthier lifestyle tips so you aren’t relying on alcohol?
Contact us today here at Harmony Oaks Recovery Center to get treatment for an alcohol addiction. We want to help you overcome the addiction and turn your life back in the right direction.
We are available 24/7 to answer your calls and address online inquiries.
Most Insurance Accepted
As a member of the Harmony Recovery Group network of treatment programs, we can work with most private insurance plans.