Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive-behavioral therapy, or CBT, is a therapeutic intervention that professionals commonly use with addiction and mental health patients. Millions of people have fallen into negative thought patterns and go through vicious cycles of self-doubt and self-destructive behaviors. If you relate to this, you may benefit from cognitive behavioral therapy here at Harmony Oaks Recovery Center.
CBT can help you to change your beliefs and thought patterns. It is possible to recover from addictions and mental health issues with the help of this type of therapy. Keep reading here to find out how our cognitive-behavioral therapy program can help you achieve a fulfilling, healthy and substance-free lifestyle.
CBT and Addiction Treatments
Do you struggle with an addiction to drugs or alcohol? You may have started with just a drink or two but now can’t seem to stop at just a couple. You may have started using pain medications due to an injury, but now you use them all the time, even when you aren’t in pain. If you are in either of these situations or any other addictive situation, you aren’t alone.
You may benefit from CBT. Cognitive-behavioral therapy can help you to learn new beliefs about yourself and life. In these therapy sessions and throughout your treatment program, you can learn the following:
- How to improve your overall health
- Gain tips to improve your well-being
- Altering the ways you think about and respond to various situations in life
- Recognizing the negative thought patterns you have
- Using the information you learn to focus on your recovery
- Learn coping skills
The therapist you work with will help you to identify your self-destructive patterns. They can help you figure out how those patterns contribute to your addiction or mental health issues. After you identify these issues, you can work on replacing them with healthy beliefs. The process will take time. However, once you do this, you can start seeing that you deserve greatness in your life. Our team can help you to achieve this.
Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Are you considering getting help to overcome a mental health disorder or addiction? You might have an anxiety disorder that you haven’t been able to manage on your own. Maybe you have an alcohol addiction and can’t seem to tell people no when they ask you to party. Remember, you aren’t alone in any of this.
The good news is that you can move past an addictive lifestyle. You can also get treatment for any mental health disorder you might have, as well. One of the treatments that are amazingly effective for these issues is cognitive-behavioral therapy. Some of the many benefits of CBT include:
- Evidence-based (which means it has been studied and proven to be effective in treating addictions and mental health disorders)
- Recovery-focused (so, it is a valuable tool to have in your recovery)
- Helps you to acknowledge your past and helps you focus on the present
- Allows you to learn how to plan better for your future
- Changes negative ways of thinking and replaces them with positive ones
- Helps facilitate better social skills
- Allows you to gain a brighter insight on life in general
- Helps you see that you don’t need harmful substances to work through obstacles in life
- Teaches proper coping skills so you can handle those obstacles
- Helps you address and confront self-defeating thoughts and beliefs
- Builds self-esteem and self-awareness
- Helps you build a stronger foundation for your recovering lifestyle
As you can see, there are so many benefits of cognitive-behavioral therapy. Most people who receive this type of therapy start seeing benefits in their life quickly. You may begin to reap the benefits after a few sessions. If you continue attending these therapy sessions throughout your recovery, you can continue to receive more benefits long-term, as well.
Reach Out for Help with a Mental Health Disorder or Addiction Today
Do you have an addiction to any harmful substance? You might be addicted to Norco, heroin or alcohol. Do you have a mental health disorder? You might have generalized anxiety disorder, PTSD, depression or any other mental health condition. Our Harmony Oaks Recovery Center team has helped people to treat all types of mental health disorders and addictions. We want to help you, as well.
No matter what the case may be, our team wants to help you work through it. We offer many treatments that can help you in your recovery. One of the most effective treatments for all these types of issues is cognitive-behavioral therapy. You have read about how CBT can benefit you during your recovery from a mental health disorder or addiction.
Reach out to us today here at Harmony Oaks Recovery Center to enroll in a program that includes cognitive behavioral therapy.
We are available 24/7 to answer your calls and address online inquiries.
Most Insurance Accepted
As a member of the Harmony Recovery Group network of treatment programs, we can work with most private insurance plans.