Millions of people have a gambling addiction. Sometimes, it affects their life mildly. However, most of the time people lose their life savings and use money from bills on gambling. There is a reason for this. When someone has a gambling addiction, the dopamine release in their brain is very great. This causes them to feel good when gambling. However, the aftermath of losing causes them to feel bad. When they get a win, their dopamine levels rise again. So, the cycle keeps going to try getting the feelings of happiness when playing and trying to achieve those “great wins” again.
If you have a gambling addiction, reach out to our Harmony Oaks Recovery Center team in Chattanooga, TN today. We can help treat the addiction and help you create a strong foundation to your recovery.
Gamblers Need Professional Addiction Treatment
People who have a gambling addiction should get professional treatment. The reason for this is that gambling is an addiction – it is a chronic disease. Unfortunately, research shows that under 10% of those with this type of addiction get treatment. Some think they don’t have an addiction and others try to handle it on their own. We don’t want you to fall through the cracks. Our team wants to help you. We have amazing gambling treatment programs that have helped others and we would like to help you, too.
Receiving Outpatient Treatment for Gambling Addiction
Some people aren’t able to enter into an inpatient treatment program. They need to be home for their children or to keep their job. If this is the case for you, you may want to consider attending an outpatient professional treatment program here at Harmony Oaks for the gambling addiction.
There are some things we want you to know about receiving this type of treatment for a gambling addiction. Some of these things include:
- During rehab, you will attend individual and group therapy sessions
- After the intensive part of your program (during the beginning), you can receive continuing care (less intensive, but still very supportive)
- We encourage our clients to attend support groups such as GA (Gambler’s Anonymous)
- Our team will follow-up with you after you leave to offer additional resources, if needed
- We have opportunities for loved one’s of a gambling addict, as well
These are just a few things we want to share with you about our outpatient gambling addiction treatment program here at Harmony Oaks Recovery Center.
Symptoms of Gambling Addiction
Not sure if you have a gambling addiction? Some symptoms of a gambling addiction include:
- Failing repeatedly to quit gambling even when you say you will stop
- Spending more money than you intend to when gambling
- Thinking a lot about gambling
- Feeling restless or irritable when you can’t gamble
- Gambling to handle feelings of anxiety, depression, or guilt
- Lying or being secretive about gambling
- Spending time gambling, instead of spending time with family and friends
If you relate to the symptoms of this type of addiction, don’t wait any longer to get help. We can help you to turn things around and overcome this addiction.
Get Gambling Addiction Treatment Today
Do you have a gambling addiction? If so, contact us here today at Harmony Oaks Recovery Center to enroll in a gambling addiction treatment program.
Most Insurance Accepted
As a member of the Harmony Recovery Group family of treatment programs, we are able to work with many private insurance plans.
Harmony Oaks Recovery Center
Find Wellness with our Expert Help
You deserve to become your best self. With decades of combined experience in mental health treatment, we are uniquely equipped to help you overcome a substance use disorder or manage any mental health condition.
We’re ready when you are. Take the first step to contact us below.