One type of treatment we have here at Harmony Oaks Recovery Center is group therapy. It is a type of therapy that helps people to connect with others throughout their recovery. When you attend these sessions, you get the chance to bounce ideas off others who have similar struggles as you do. You get to share your story. By having the accountability you have in these group therapy sessions, you have a lower chance of relapsing, too. There are numerous ways that group therapy can benefit you when overcoming addiction or getting treatment for a mental health disorder.
Top Group Therapy Objectives
If you decide to get addiction or mental health disorder treatment here at Harmony Oaks Recovery Center, you may want to know ahead of time which objectives you will be working toward during the group therapy sessions. Some of the top objectives include:
- Making positive, healthy connections with others
- Learning how to make healthy lifestyle goals
- Choosing healthy happiness over substance-led “happiness’
- Exploring various recovery topics with others
- Being able to work with others on recovery progress helps to hold you accountable
- Talking about and working on 12 steps
- Creating a stronger foundation to your recovery
- Being able to lean on each other for support
- Getting true congratulations when achieving recovery goals
- Having a safe place where others understand you
These are just some of the top group therapy objectives you get here at our treatment center. IF you want to know more about these objectives, contact our team today.
Top Benefits of Group Therapy
In addition to the objectives noted above, there are many benefits of group therapy sessions, as well. Some of the benefits you can get when attending this type of therapy include:
- Feeling less alone in your recovery
- Getting and using tips from the therapist and others in recovery
- Learning how to empower and encourage others (and getting the same back from them)
- Working as a team on certain recovery goals increases the chances of achieving those goals
- Developing healthy personal connections with others
The benefits of group therapy could go on and on. Most people get many more benefits than just these. If you want to know more about the benefits noted here or any others, let us know. We would be happy to talk to you about how group therapy can help you.
Start Using Group Therapy Sessions as Tool for Your Recovery
Do you have an addiction to drugs or alcohol? Maybe, you struggle with severe anxiety or issues related to previous trauma. No matter what the situation is in your life, there are treatments and supports you can get to work through these things. Every day is a new day. You can make today the day that you grab onto the future and make it better. You can do that by getting into a treatment program for addictions or mental health disorders.
Contact us today to start using group therapy sessions as a tool for your recovery.
We are ready to help. Let’s get started on your tomorrow.
Most Insurance Accepted
As a member of the Harmony Recovery Group family of treatment programs, we are able to work with many private insurance plans.
Let’s talk about how we can help.
A Life in Recovery Can be Yours.
You deserve to become your best self. With decades of combined experience in the field of addiction medicine, our staff knows what it takes to build a foundation for recovery.