Is sex addiction robbing you of true happiness in your days? If so, don’t let it keep having that power over you. Here at Harmony Oaks Recovery Center in Chattanooga, TN we can offer you individualized treatments, so you can live a healthier, happier life. Our treatment programs have helped thousands of people overcome sex addiction.
Risk Factors and Causes of Sex Addiction
There have been many studies done to show the risk factors and common causes of sex addiction. Professionals in the mental health field do agree there are numerous things taht could lead someone to have a sex addiction.
Some of the risk factors and causes of this type of addiction include:
- Past trauma or history of abuse
- People who have other mental health disorders have a higher risk of sex addiction
- Those who lack impulse control have a higher risk of acting out sexually
- Abusing drugs or alcohol as those lower impulse control and inhibitions
No matter what the cause may be or what risk factors you relate to, if you do have a sex Haaddiction, turn to our Harmony Oaks Recovery Center team for assistance.
Symptoms and Signs of Sex Addiction
Everyone who has a sex addiction won’t have the same exact signs and symptoms. In some people the symptoms will be more pronounced than with others. However, there are some common symptoms and signs of sex addiction that include:
- Behavioral changes: Frequently masturbating, watching a lot of pornography, having multiple sexual affairs, going to strip clubs, cheating on a partner, partaking in extremely risky sexual acts, and having anonymous one-night stands
- Physical: Having STDS or infections becausae of the unprotected sex they had
- Cognitive: Obsessing about sex, lack of impulse control, and euphoria when doing anything related to sex
- Psychosocial: Feeling shameful or guilty about sexual experiences, depression, or randomly changing moods
If you have any of these symptoms or just know you have a sex addiction, reach out to our team today. We want to help you get the treatment you need to regain healthy control of your sex life.
Get Sex Addiction Treatment Today
If you do have a sex addiction, our team wants to make sure you are getting the help you need to ovecome this addiction. There are various symptoms you may be experiencing, but ultimately the goal is to help you develop a healthy sex life, better self-confidence and to make healthier overall choices in regards to sex. However, the treatment doesn’t just focus on sex. There are underlying issues you can work on during the treatment program. You will speak with our therapists and talk in the group therapy sessions about various topics relating to sex addiction and recovery. If you have more questions about our sex addiction treatment programs, let us know.
Contact us today to enroll in our sex addiction treatment at Harmony Oaks Recovery Center in Chattanooga, TN.
We are available 24/7 to answer your calls and address online inquiries.
Most Insurance Accepted
As a member of the Harmony Recovery Group network of treatment programs, we can work with most private insurance plans.